Subject: [[email-masked]: Re: does anybody know what the following are...]

From: Don Hopkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 86 19:16:38 EDT

I fixed gralm. It's regrinding the host tables now. Theta menus are
now running under the X uwm window manager! Shortly I can send you a
tar file. What I want to do now is make it so that you can specify
that a menu be pull-down or theta, with a variable you can set in your
.uwmrc file controling the type of unspecified menus. I added a
variable called menutheta that you can specify in your .uwmrc file
that controls the size of the menu. Also, at this point, it does trig,
i.e. t = atan2(x, y), whenever you move the mouse, normalizing it such
that 0 <= t < 1, and multiplying by the number of items to get the
item number. I will fix this by dividing the menu into 4 quadrants,
and calculating the boundries in terms of quadrant and slope in that
quadrant upon initializing the menu. Each item will have a quadrant
and slope field for one of its edges, and when you move the mouse, you
just figure out its quadrant and slope by looking at the signs of x
and y, and dividing. Then you look through the linked list of
selections for the one it falls in. This eliminates all the trig
except for setting up the menu.  What I have already runs quite well
on a sun-2, and roars on a Sun-3.  I've set up some useful menus and
tried them out and they're very easy to use. Next step is making it
smart about not overlapping item names.

	-Don