Subject: Need info on X-Windows

From: [email-masked] (Patrick Stirling)
Date: Fri, 22 May 87 19:20:40 EDT

Date: 22 May 87 16:26:00 GMT
From: [email-masked]  (Patrick Stirling)

I would like some help in finding out about X-Windows. If anyone out
there can point me in the direction of 'official' specs, product
features or anything else that would clue me in , I'd be deeply
grateful! Failing (or in addition to) that, can anyone give me a
name and/or phone number at MIT I can call? I'm assuming here that
X-Windows is 'supported' and distributed by MIT - is this correct?
If not, who (if anyone) does support and/or distribute X-Windows?
Replies via e-mail please, to:
patrick
{ihnp4, hplabs, amdcad, ucbvax!dual}!fortune!stirling

---

From: [email-masked] (Charlie Tierney - Sun Technical Consulting - MtV)
Date: Wed, 27 May 87 04:16:08 EDT

Date: Tue, 26 May 87 11:29:01 PDT
From: [email-masked] (Charlie Tierney - Sun Technical Consulting - MtV)

Hi Patrick!

	MIT distributes X version 10 (the latest) for $100.
	There is no support whatsoever.  What you see is what
	you get.

	X version 11 will be out early next year - and that
	will be the last X from MIT.

	Sun will ship a merged X-NeWS window system, fully
	supported, next spring.

Hope that's some help.

--
Charlie Tierney                                  sun!ctierney
Sun Microsystems Technical Consulting            (415) 691-2396