Subject: X v10 on NeWS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 87 14:23:28 EST

To: [email-masked]
Subject: forward from xpert
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 87 11:14:48 -0500
From: Mark Weiser <[email-masked]>

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Friday, 16 Jan 1987 21:39:09-PST
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: X v10 on NeWS

Dave Rosenthal states that the current (internal) implementation of NeWS
supports most of the X v10 protocol, transparent to the X application.

I just attended an ACM presentation by Dr. Warren Tietelman of Sun, who
indicated that X applications running on the NeWS X emulator run at
1/3 the speed of a native X application.

Has anyone else heard real performance numbers from NeWS?

Is anyone considering the development of a graphics system benchmark
suite? What should reasonably be included in such a package?

- -chuck price

------- End of Forwarded Message