Subject: NeWS speed

From: Simson L. Garfinkel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 May 87 04:10:49 EDT

Date: Fri, 15 May 87 10:29:58 EDT
From: Simson L. Garfinkel <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: NeWS speed

   Date: Fri, 15 May 87 03:49:36 EDT
   From: Don Hopkins <[email-masked]>

   If that is the case, then I wonder why gnumacs is so popular at MIT,
   when vi is so much faster? You don't think it's because it was written
   there, do you? Naaaw.

	   -Don

But vi isn't faster, Don. EMACS allows you to do a lot of powerful
things that would either require many, many keystrokes in vi, or are
simply not possible. Examples include running "make" in a buffer and
then using ^X^N to jump to the next line in your c-program that
generated the error message (even if in a different file). Or reading
your mail from within EMACS. Or rebinding the keyboard. Or any number
of other things.

................................................................simson