Subject: where to find files???

From: [email-masked] (eliot lear)
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 87 14:07:48 EST

Hello all,

I heard about Don's reagan.bites demo and I wanted to take a look at
it so I ftp'd the files over to my 3/280 and proceeded to attempt to
run them.  psh spat back that it couldn't find the files.  One other
detail for info: I was running my NeWS server on a 3/50.  Well.  The
problem is that NeWS only checks the machine on which news_server is
running when it does file I/O.  Granted, that by default, this must be
the case but there should be some mechanism of accessing data on
remote machines (like on my 280[[[!!!]]]).  Does some mechanism exist
that I have missed (besides the obvious of writing a C program to
interact with the server)?  I understand that adding such a feature
would be a pain but does anyone else see its use?

Regards,

Eliot
--
Eliot Lear
[[email-masked]]