Subject: NeWS speed

From: Don Hopkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 May 87 04:09:54 EDT

Date: Fri, 15 May 87 03:49:36 EDT
From: Don Hopkins <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: NeWS speed

   Date: 14 May 87 14:34:58 GMT
   From: [email-masked]  (Simson L. Garfinkel)

   A friend of mine said that AI group at MIT is never going to be running
   NeWS on many workstations. One of the reasons he gave was that X will
   always be at least a factor of 3 faster than NeWS.

   I started thinking about all of the atoi() that news always has to do,
   and the fact that it is interperted, and am beginning to think that he
   might be right. Is there any truth to this?

If that is the case, then I wonder why gnumacs is so popular at MIT,
when vi is so much faster? You don't think it's because it was written
there, do you? Naaaw.

	-Don