Subject: Two minor glitches - fixes?

From: Greg Earle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 87 17:03:53 EST

I've noticed two apparent glitches with NeWS related things, and am wondering
if we can get pointers to fixes (NeWS 1.0):

(1) Don, I load your `piemenu.ps' in user.ps and everything works fine, but
for some reason trying to bring up the little substitute X menu inside an
xdemo (like `xload') causes the server to choke, and any subsequent tries yield
nothing.  Any ideas?

(2) If Sam Leffler of Pixar is listening in, it appears that the new `psterm'
doesn't set the terminal type in the environment; i.e. if I bring up an h19 (or
other) terminal and at the shell prompt do a printenv TERM|TERMCAP I always
get `TERM=sun' with `TERMCAP=Mu|sun|...etc.'.  I have to explicitly do a
`set noglob ; eval `tset -Qs`' in my .cshrc to make sure that each new `psterm'
invocation is set properly.
	Also, there doesn't seem to be any way to have a multiple word label
for the psterm window or icon (-fl & -il options).  I have a 54x80 Sun terminal
menu entry and would like the label to be `54 line sun terminal emulator'; now
I have to use underscores instead of spaces to keep it to one word.  I tried
grouping the words as an argument with "" and '', but it just takes ` "54 ' as
the label and tries to exec `line' which of course fails.

Apologies for being too ignorant to know how to fix these myself ...

--
	Greg Earle		[email-masked]
	S(*CENSORED*)t		[email-masked]	[aka:]
	Rockwell International	[email-masked]
	Seal Beach, CA		...!cit-vax!elroy!jplgodo!mahendo!earle