Subject: NeWS Applications

From: [email-masked] (Trevor Darrell)
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 87 16:25:35 EST

From: "Daniel L. Cerys" <[email-masked]>
   >SUN provided a list of all of the NeWS servers that have been
   >done.  The Amiga and MacIntosh II ports were done by third parties who
   >were present and introduced at the seminar.  The other ports are:
   >SUN, VAXstationII, Silicon Graphics, RasterTech, Atari ST, Apollo
   >DN3000, and HP9000.  I can't say anything about the availability of
   >these.

Do you know who did the HP9000 or Vaxstation port? How they could be
contacted?  I assume that a university site that plunks down $1K for
NeWS source can use these ports?

For our environment, at least, the HP9000 and uVaxII availability is
critical if NeWS is to have any hope of replacing X as a local standard.

Any policy from sun out there?

--trevor

---

From: [email-masked] (Root)
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 87 12:30:12 EST

>
> 	I have read on comp.sys.atari.st that NeWs has been ported on Atari
> ST. Is it a joke  ?
>

Actually, it is not a joke.  Ports of NeWS have been done for the
Commodore Amiga (by me), Atari ST, and the Mac-II.  I won't mention
the parties who did the ST, & Mac-II ports - I'm sure if they want to
be contacted, we'll hear from them :-)..

					Rick Spanbauer
					SUNY/Stony Brook