Subject: Setting the record straight

From: Steve D. Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 May 87 05:52:10 EDT

Date: Tue, 19 May 87 10:53:09 EDT
From: Steve D. Miller <[email-masked]>

	Date: Sun, 17 May 87 10:41:15 PDT
	From: [email-masked] (Sunny Kirsten)
	Subject: Re: NeWS and X

	When I finally got my hands on a Xerox Star, I was
	appalled to discover their inconsistency between opening and closing
	windows.. one function with the mouse, the other with a dedicated
	special key on the keyboard!  What stupidity and inconsistancy!

   Wait a sec...  I've been a moderately heavy Star/ViewPoint user for two
and a half years, and I've never noticed that windows *had* to be opened and
closed in strange ways.  There is admittedly an "open" key on the Xerox
keyboard, and it can be used to open windows, but double clicking on icons
has always worked for me.  Closing, for those who haven't used the system,
is done by clicking a "close" or "close all" (in the case of nested window
invocations, i.e.  opening the mail reader and then opening a document
inside the mail reader window) button in the title bar of the window.  Am I
misunderstanding something, has the software changed, or what?

   Just trying to do what the subject line says...

	-Steve

Spoken: Steve Miller 	ARPA:	[email-masked]	Phone: +1-301-454-4251
CSNet:	[email-masked] 	UUCP:	{seismo,allegra}!mimsy!steve
USPS: Computer Science Dept., University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742