Subject: New news group: comp.windows.news

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 87 16:51:10 EST

This is to announce the existence of the comp.windows.news USENET
newsgroup, to which the Internet mailing list NeWS-makers will be
gatewayed.

NeWS-makers, and comp.windows.news, are about the "Network extensible
Window System," a programmable, multitasking, PostScript based window
system development platform, developed by James Gosling, Dave
Rosenthal, and others at Sun Microsystems.

Those currently on the NeWS-makers mailing list, who can read the
USENET newsgroup comp.windows.news, should send requests for removal
from the Internet distribution to:

	[email-masked]
or:
	...!seismo!mimsy@NeWS-makers-REQUEST

Please *don't* broadcast such requests to comp.windows.news or the
whole NeWS-makers mailing list, or it's likely your mailbox will be
infested with a barrage of rambling flames, dunning notices, and old
lightbulb jokes. (Don't blame me! That's what happens!)

If you are in charge of a local NeWS-makers redistribution list that
can be replaced by the USENET newsgroup, please ask those on the
redistribution list if they would switch over, and tell me so, at the
above REQUEST address. Thanks a lot for the cooperation.

	-Don

	([email-masked])