Subject: Re: NeWS Applications

From: [email-masked] (Steve Isaac)
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 87 13:00:34 EST

Date: Mon, 7 Sep 87 08:51:00 PDT
From: [email-masked] (Steve Isaac)
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: NeWS Applications
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

>> From: [email-masked]  (The Talking Manual)
>> Subject: anyone out there?
>> To: [email-masked]
>>
>> anyone out there developing applications using NeWS?

I just finished putting together a talk that presents case studies of
half a dozen NeWS applications. The talk provides guidelines and hints
for designing, implementing, and debugging NeWS-based programs. There
are actually quite a few people working on NeWS applications out there;
unfortunately, they tend to be kinda busy...

I'll be happy to send you (or anyone else, for that matter) a copy of
this talk.

I'm going to be presenting it at the Sun X.11/NeWS seminar on Sept. 11
in Boston; it might be a bit difficult for you to make your way over
the Atlantic, but I'd encourage anyone else interested in NeWS applications
to try and make it to the Framingham Sheraton. There were a couple of
messages about the seminar on this NeWSgroup already; I won't repeat the
details.

We are going to be doing this seminar in London on Oct. 9 and Tokyo on
Oct. 14. If you can make the London seminar, Simon, I'd like to chat
with you there...

			-- Steve Isaac
			   [email-masked]