Subject: Re: Does NeWS support an X server yet?

From: [email-masked] (Bob Sutterfield)
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 87 18:23:44 EST

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Ralph Hyre) writes:
>This implies that the current 'beta?' version of NeWS supports X in
>some way.  Does it?

There's a PostScript library included with NeWS 1.0 that implements
some of the output parts of the X10 protocol.  This means that X10R4
clients that don't express any interest in input events run fine (e.g.
xclock, xload), but those that want key and mouse input events (e.g.
xterm, emacs) die with protocol errors.
--
 Bob Sutterfield, Department of Computer and Information Science
 The Ohio State University; 2036 Neil Ave. Columbus OH USA 43210-1277
 bob@ohio-state.{arpa,csnet} or ...!cbosgd!osu-cis!bob
 soon: [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (eliot lear)
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 87 18:21:42 EST

There is some X support in 1.0 NeWS.  Unfortunately, that support does
not include process input.  Xclock works ok, however...
--
Eliot Lear
[[email-masked]]