Subject: Re: PostScript Command Summary?

From: [email-masked] (Don Hopkins)
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 87 11:35:46 EST

At Sun Users Group, I bought an 8.5 x 11 plastic "PostScript
Programmer's Instant Reference Card" from Jim Joyce. One side has all
of the PostScript operators listed, with what they take and leave on
the stack, and a brief description, a list of statusdict operators and
variables, PostScript errors, an operator cross reference, a ruler in
inches, a space intentionally left blank, and the warning "DO NOT
PLACE ON HOT SURFACE". The other side has a bunch of examples of neat
things to do in PostScript, with the code to do them, and the graphics
the code produces, a description of the interpreter, the coordinate
system, and the fonts, a ruler in picas, instructions to send away for
more reference cards, and the warning "DO NOT XEROX". (Even though
Xerox is not a verb, and not even Xerox can Xerox!)

The card is designed by the editors of the PostScript Language
Journal. The instructions to order more cards say:

"Genuine colorful plastic MICRO CHARTS with crystal clear print are
only $5.95 each. To order: list titles, add $1 postage, and send check
to Micro Logic, POB 174, Dept 16, Hackensack, NJ 07602. (201) 342-6518."

	-Don