Subject: Bug in Item package?

From: [email-masked] (Chris Warth)
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 87 00:08:35 EST

Running NeWS 1.0, using litewin.ps and liteitem.ps, whenever I try to
create a ButtonItem with the FrameCanvas as parent, the window can no
longer be killed.  After "Zapping", the window remains drawn on the
screen and stops input.  If I make the ClientCanvas the parent of the
item, everything works fine, but then of course I cannot position my
item where I want.

Included here is a sample program that exhibits the behaviour.  Can
anyone tell me if this is fixed in 1.1?  Does anyone know a quick
workaround?  I have found one but it is not very pretty.

-----

 Chris Warth
 ATT Bell Laboratories
 Murray Hill, NJ
 ulysses!csw

-----

systemdict /Item known not { (/usr/NeWS/lib/NeWS/liteitem.ps) run } if

%
% Create a window.
%
/win framebuffer /new DefaultWindow send def    % Create a window
0 0 360 360 /reshape win send                   % Shape it.
/map win send                                   % Map the window.
pause pause pause pause pause pause pause

/items 1 dict def
{
items begin
    /nextbutton (NEXT) {} FrameCanvas    % <-- replace with ClientCanvas to get it
					 % to work.
	( NEXT ) stringwidth pop BorderTop 5 sub
	/new ButtonItem send
	BorderTop 3 mul FrameHeight BorderTop sub 3 add /move 3 index send
    def
end
} win send
/itemmgr items forkitems def
items paintitems
currentprocess waitprocess      % wait for something interesting to happen.
--