Subject: Re: double-sided PS printers?

From: [email-masked] (Ron Natalie)
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 87 07:50:42 EST

Gee Don, all you have to do is turn up the power of the laser
and stroke the path.  We've got a Telaris printer that regularly
burns paper into little bits (actually, I think it's the fuser
that does it).

-Ron

---

From: [email-masked] (Don Hopkins)
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 87 07:50:24 EST

A double sided laser printer sure would be nice. But what I really
want is one with a "clippaper" command, that can make arbitrarily
shaped snippets of paper. Now /that/ would be handy. (Think of how
nice it would be for printing NeWS windows!) c(-;

	-Don

---

From: [email-masked] (Charles Hedrick)
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 87 07:52:25 EST

Diconix, a subsidiary of Kodak, makes an ink-jet printer at 300 dpi
that handles Postscript and prints on both sides of the paper.  Our
main qualm is that this is a printer in the 20ppm price range, but as
far as we can tell they haven't done the work necessary to make it
interpret Postscript much faster than the Laserwriter.  (Well, maybe a
little faster: more memory and a more recent version of the Adobe
code, but we're looking for something with a fast 68020 or
equivalent.)  As I'm sure everyone on this newsgroup knows, the first
vendor to offer a genuine 20ppm or higher Postscript printer will make
a mint.  (Printers that have to be fed using DECnet don't count.)

---

From: [email-masked] (William T. Argyros)
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 87 07:52:42 EST

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Charles Hedrick) writes:
> but as
>equivalent.)

We have had Diconix Dijit 1 printers (non postscript, Xerox 2700 emulation)
for over a year and a half now.  We just purchased 38 of the Dijit 1/PS
(PostScript) printers.

I talked to my contact at Diconix today and he said: "How would like
your Dijit 1/PS's to run 2 maybe 3 times faster?"  He then eluded to a
new 68020 version of the PostScript engine for the printer due out
sometime late this year.

We are waiting with baited breath....

--
UUCP: [email-masked]                 Bill Argyros/1060
      rutgers!dayton!bill               Dayton-Hudson Dept. Store. Co.
ATT:  (612) 375-6651                    700 On The Mall
                                        Mpls, Mn. 55402

---

From: [email-masked] (William T. Argyros)
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 87 07:58:29 EST