Subject: NeWS speed

From: Don Hopkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 May 87 04:13:40 EDT

Date: Fri, 15 May 87 17:26:08 EDT
From: Don Hopkins <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: NeWS speed

   Date: Fri, 15 May 87 10:29:58 EDT
   From: Simson L. Garfinkel <[email-masked]>

   But vi isn't faster, Don. EMACS allows you to do a lot of powerful
   things that would either require many, many keystrokes in vi, or are
   simply not possible. Examples include running "make" in a buffer and
   then using ^X^N to jump to the next line in your c-program that
   generated the error message (even if in a different file). Or reading
   your mail from within EMACS. Or rebinding the keyboard. Or any number
   of other things.

   ................................................................simson

It surprizes me that you can see how much power built-in extensibility
gives to EMACS, yet you don't seem to realize what NeWS's extensibility
means.

	-Don